Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Little Yellow Table

This little eye sore was so plain and boring with a big crack in the wood to begin with. But with gorgeous curves and a little love it turned into quite the beauty.


To fix the crack I attempted to just put some wood glue in it and call it good, but it ended up drying unleveled. So I ended up taking apart the whole thing to really get in the cracks and glued it together perfectly.

Once put back together I lightly sanded the whole thing and began the painting. I wanted to heavily distress the table but with a darker color than what it was to show through, so I did light random strokes of Junkaddict's CoCo Puff chalk paint. The thing I love about chalk paint is how fast it dries so I had to waste no time at all to begin applying Junkaddict's limited edition Cautious Yellow chalk paint.


When the table was completely covered and dried in the yellow, I was in love. It was a perfect pop of color and would be an adorable night stand in a little girls room. But the next day I decided to stick with my plans and heavily destress the thing. I delicately scrubbed areas that would get worn on any old piece of furniture with sandpaper, then I sealed it with polycrylic and wax to give it a durable and nice feel. My husband almost exploded when he came home from work to find the perfectly painted table looking old and battered up. He thought one of the kids had ruined it. When I explained I did it he of course did not understand one bit of this crazy distressing style. But it was b-e-a-utiful, I really, really, wanted to keep it for my living room, if only I had the extra space.

The little yellow table went into a little girls room, and they sent me home with another similar table to refinish (see another post soon)!

When you're in love but have to let it go there is no such thing as too many pictures. I had to take photos of every angle so I'd never forget her!









 I had the perfect spot for it! Until it sold and I had to put the dog cage back.

So long little table, you were no place for a house full of boys.


Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment